After a winter wondering if the pain in my hip I endured for months after a long day of bulb planting was worth it, I have to say yes! The daffodils add such a happy vibe to an otherwise drab spring background.
I will definitely be adding more color for spring come this fall.
So should there be purple, pink, white? So much would look good.
Although the hubby suggested I find someone to help with spring clean up. I wanted to do my beds myself, as some of what I have planted could be mistaken for weeds, and I’ve had to be very careful to avoid that myself!
But I will definitely be enlisting help on the following spring projects.
2010 Spring chores
- Buy mulch (Mini-Bark pebbles) = 1 Yard
- Rose Trellis, Trellis for flower bed √
- Concrete Sealer
- Measure for flagstone (sq ft to be covered) √
- Buy flagstone √
- Get quote for finishing rock wall in front by mailbox
- Fence post solar light caps
- DryDeck Under decking
- If theres anytime left, look at landscaping lights
- 2″ of mulch throughout beds – got only about 1″ covered
- Fix/Replace Rose trellis – Rose trellis fixed for now √
- Seal Concrete
- Lay down flagstone (hire out)
- Replace wood under shed door with flagstone
- Flagstone Patio (hire out)
- Add rock border to rose bed (hire out?)
- Add rock border to iris bed (hire out?)
- Paint mailbox
- Paint Deck posts √
- Replace wood trim on shed
- Paint shed
- Install DryDeck Under Deck