- EARLY SPRING – Scarification. Line a small container with coarse sandpaper, rough side facing inward, put on the lid and vigorously shake the seeds until the coats are well scratched.
- APRIL – Sow cool season crops like radish and broccoli outdoors. I used a move-able cold frame to cover these crops when a late cold snap threatens.
- MAY – Sow your outdoor vegetable seeds after mothers day.
- JUNE – Apples should be pruned in summer to get rid of top growth back to bulges in the stem.
- JULY – Early Potatoes are ready to harvest when they flower. . If grown in containers, dump the whole plant into a wheelbarrow and pick out the spuds.
- JULY – Sedum can be propagated by leaf cuttings buried 1/3 deep in lean gritty soil.
- AUGUST –
- SEPTEMBER –
- Summer fruiting raspberries June to August. New shoots will carry next year’s fruit.
Ericaceous. An Ericaceous bed is a bed with acidic and often nutrient-poor soil such as Ericaceous compost and different types of peat. The pH of the soil is typically between 4.5 and 6. Th