I began gardening in Colorado (zone 5) in 1998. Each year I learn more with the help of a journal to note my successes and the inevitable failures.
Find your Garden Treasure
Avatars by Sterling Adventures
- Black & Decker LM175 18-Inch 6-1/2 amp Electric Mower (denver) $147 May 8, 2013
- Black & Decker LM175 18-Inch 6-1/2 amp Electric Mower (denver) $147 May 5, 2013
- Adirondack Chairs (Elizabeth) $100 May 4, 2013
- 3 Chair Covers (SW Littleton) $25 May 4, 2013
- Pottery Barn Outdoor chairs and table (32nd/perry (highlands)) $250 April 25, 2013
- Custom Made Fire Pits (Johnstown) $565 April 15, 2013
- Concrete Garden Statue (Centennial by IKEA or by Hwy 470 and 285) $40 April 15, 2013
- Briggs & Stratton 22inch Lawn Mower (Lone Tree) $60 April 13, 2013
- Murray 20 inch Gas Lawn Mower (Lone Tree) $50 April 13, 2013
- Toro Super Leaf Blower Vac With Bag Electric (Lone Tree) $50 April 13, 2013
Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul. John Muir
I believe in God, only I spell it Nature. Frank Lloyd Wright
Copyright Colorado Gardening Journal. All Rights Reserved.
Interesting Foliage Archive
Posted on August 1, 2012 | No CommentsIf you have an area of your yard that is shady and lacks color, I have a combination for you. There is nothing like a bright lime green to brighten a shady spot. This combination of lime green...
Posted on May 14, 2012 | No CommentsPineapple sage is an annual I buy almost every year to smell its wonderfully sweet scent, and enjoy red trumpet like flowers in early fall. This plant’s scent would make you wish for the invention of scratch...
Posted on May 10, 2012 | No CommentsHeuchera, commonly known as coral bells, can add a burst of color in your Colorado garden where you need a low growing plant in a variety of sun conditions. This year I purchased a beauty called, Heuchera ‘Caramel‘,...
Posted on December 29, 2011 | No CommentsThe plants I grow in my Colorado garden. Zone: 5 Area: Front Yard Light: The front yard faces southeast and is shaded by a large silver maple on the Northeast corner. Along a strip next to the driveway I...
Posted on October 22, 2011 | No CommentsFall planting in Colorado, a weigela’s story. Okay so I’m a lazy gardener come August. My beds look like a frat house after homecoming, and the last of my summer grand plans sit in pots waiting their permanent...
Posted on October 19, 2011 | No CommentsThis fall in Colorado has been as long an Indian summer as I can remember. It is just now that some of my plants are showing their fall foliage. With the amount of shade I receive in...
Posted on May 29, 2011 | No CommentsThe plants I track in my Colorado garden. Zone: 5 Light: Looking out my patio I face northwest and the majority of the yard is shaded by numerous trees throughout the day. The most sunny spot is it...
Posted on May 21, 2011 | No CommentsFor the first time in a month we’ve had decent weather for planting in the garden. We’ve been blessed with a few inches of rain over the last two weeks and the ground is ready for plants. Today...