With the New Year comes a look ahead to this year’s work in the Front.
I think I am going to take Brenda’s advice and fully plant the strip between the driveway and walkway.
Here is the begining list
From the front to the back.
– Paronychia – full sun to act as ground cover and cascade over wall. Shown here with its flowers, the foliage color is a medium green.
– The Delosperma (Purple Ice Plant) will be at the sidewalk level in front of the wall.
– The Blue Rug juniper I will place under the maple as a ground cover as well as a spill over for the wall. I have this plant in part shade and it still grows, not as vigorous but I think it will do fine.
– I thought this Sundancer Daisy would pair nicely with the Delosperma for a bright color combination.
– Gold Flame Spirea is not only gorgeous in fall, it has the right height to be in multiples places in the front at a max of 3 feet high.
– I’ve seen paths lined with liriope, and in Colorado a more suitable plant would be a grass, and I thought the blue of the Festuca Glauca would be perfect against the oranges of the path.
Plus I have a variety in the backyard whose seeds have readily re-seeded.
There is also a sell at Burgess Seed and Plant CO – 24/ $24.99.
I want to try to find the following Rose —